The Town of Whitby and the Region of Durham are co-hosting a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and Electronic Waste (E-Waste) Drop-off event.
When: Saturday October 4, 2014, from 8:00 a.m. to noon.
Where: The Town of Whitby's Operations Centre, 333 McKinney Drive
Examples of acceptable electronics (e-waste) include, but are not limited to, the following materials:
- Cellular phones
- PDAs & pagers
- Audio & video players
- Cameras & radios
- VCRs/DVD players
- Stereos & receivers
- Desktop computers
- Computer peripherals
- Printing devices
- Portable computers
Click here for more information: E-Waste
Residential products currently being accepted include, but are not limited to:
- Aerosol Containers regardless of product content
- Antifreeze and its related container
- Batteries - single-use and rechargeable
- Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFL)
- Fertilizers and their containers
- Fire Extinguishers
- Flammable material such as camping fuel, kerosene, gasoline, cigarette lighters, driveway sealer, etc.
- Fluorescent light bulbs and tubes
- Mercury switches
- Oil Containers of 30 litres or less for a wide range of oil products
- Oil Filters and air filters for items such as household furnace fuel filter, storage tank diesel fuel filters, transmission or internal combustion engines, etc.
- Paints, Coatings, Paint Thinners, Varnish, Stains, Shellac etc.
- Fungicides, Herbicides, Insecticides and their containers
- Pharmaceuticals prescription and non-prescription
- Photography Chemicals
- Pool and Spa Chemicals
- Propane Tanks and other Pressurized Containers
- Reactive material such as metal powders that may explode with contact to air and or water
- Solvents (such as paint thinner, turpentine, paint stripper or nail polish remover)
- Syringes and needles used in the administration of health care (human and veterinary)
- Thermostats or any switches containing mercury
- Used Oil Filters
Click here for more information: HHW (Household Hazardous Waste)
Pick up a FREE gallon of recycled paint when you drop off HHW. One per vehicle. Limited quantity of 200 available. Bring a non-perishable food item to support the local food banks.
Re/Max Rouge River Realty Ltd., Brokerage
905-668-1800 or 905-427-1400